Friday, August 8, 2008

Preserve Tomica Cars with Thirsty Hippo!








I am convinced that high demand collector cars will go up in value after a while just like antique items. So how to keep them in mint condition ?

FYI...some of the "hot" cars sold increased in value 500% over the orginal price. Research shows Evo and RX8 is now getting in demand, great to collect now.


My 2 collector mates said to use Thristy Hippo which will suck up the moisture from air and will assist in keeping the cars in their original condition.

This is what I am doing,

1) Wax the cars with Turtle WAX. Use only micro fibre cloth. Once they are shinning and up to your standard.......

2) Place them in their original box. Bubble wrap them for extra protection.

3) Seal them up in a box with thirsty hippo!

4) Of course I have also models displayed in my Ikea Billy Bookcase and not everthing in the sealed box. I need to use up the 2nd book shelf at the rate the cars are coming in...

You guys have any other ideas to preserved the cars ?

No comments: